Saturday, January 10, 2009

Simple Pleasures


Aren't simple pleasures the best??? Not to mention ones that you had no plans for! Today was just a regular errand day. Actually one of those that you almost dread. So you can imagine my delight when I found a bin of "out of date" roses at my local Sams Club. They were reduced to a price I couldn't possibly pass up. Twenty five long stem roses for a mere $5.00. At that price I could afford to indulge! I know they won't last long, but on a warm rainy day they were a pleasant reminder that summer isn't far off. A simple pleasure.

Roses in hand, I trotted about the house in search for the perfect spot to place them. As I passed thru the living room I turned on the tv and what was on but Pride and Prejudice. Two simple pleasures in one day! This is a day that just keeps on giving!