Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Best News Ever!

I have news to tell! I've been waiting and waiting and now I can tell it! I'm going to be a grandma! Isn't that the best news you can possibly hear? My daughter Jennifer is going to have a baby boy. He's due in August and we can't wait! I'm so glad we moved! It would have been awful to be in Ohio while she was all the way south in Louisiana!

I told her that babies are the best thing. I'm not sure she believes me at the moment. But just wait until the little bundle arrives. Her heart will be stolen like never before and there will be nothing that will ever compare. Thinking about a new baby revives lots of memories. In some ways it seems impossible that nearly 32 years have passed since Jen was born. She was our first and such a little thing weighing only 7 pounds. But oh was she mighty in other ways! We've always said Jen was born talking and her brother Donnie was born walking!

I had to include the Winnie the Pooh music in my playlist. As hard as it may be to believe, Jen's first words were from this song. She was quite the spoiled baby being the first child and first grandchild on both sides of the family! We danced and sang with her from the time she was just a few days old. We were like jesters in the queens court! We would do anything to entertain her, to see her smile and laugh. And I wouldn't have had it any other way!

So now we wait with great anticipation for him to arrive! Won't this be the most fun time of all!


Photobucket