Friday, April 18, 2008

Grandma was right....again!

Isn't it funny how things you never understood when you were younger now make perfect sense?? Today, as I was running behind on everything I was trying to do, a quote from my great grandma ran across my mind.

"The older you get, the faster time passes."

Now Grandma Augusta was always quick with a saying. I think she had one for almost any occasion or event. Of course, during the time she was in her best mind I was in my pre teens so none of it made the least bit of sense to me. But now I'm approaching my 49th birthday and suddenly things that grandma used to say seem to almost be a comfort. Like that little quote above mentioned. I can actually feel a little better knowing that it isn't just me that feels like the clock is running at least twice the speed of light. It can't be just me or why would such a saying exist???? How could grandma have been so wise without any of us noticing???

The saying is so true, or at least it seems to be. I know I don't get nearly the amount of cleaning done that I did when my kids were both little. One would tend to think that two children would hamper your pace a little more than just one spoiled fur baby! I also know I'm a few pounds heavier than I was in my twenties....but not enough as to blame it all on fluid movement capabilities. There must be more to it than just mobility.

I think there is a good combination of quite a few things that leads to the passing of time. One thing for me is that I'm easily distracted. If I were a child they would have me medicated for ADD!! I can hardly pass thru a room without being sidetracked from my original goal. I say I'm project oriented because it sounds more elegant to excuse my messes made by my ADD! My studio looks like something out of a horror movie with the amount of body parts strewn about. When the kids were little I was making porcelain dolls at home. I remember my son's friends asking if he was ever frightened because of all the eyeballs and body parts in the dining room. I hadn't thought it could look disturbing until then!

Oh sure, I could go on and on with all kinds of reasons for my loss of time. We all know there are minutes wasted and that minutes add up to hours. But when it's all said and done.....the bottom line is this....

Grandma was right again!!

3 comments:

WhimsyStitches Primitives said...

Hi Tammy, Your blog is great. Enjoyed your article. Unfortunely your Grandma was right! And people think ADD is just for kids! Hah!
Blessings,
Sondra

NorthwindStar said...

Tammy! I just wanted to let you know, I love you blog!! :)

I can't agree with you more on hating winter!!

Hope it's alright if I add your blog link to mine as I plan on visiting you often *smile* Feel free to add mine if you want!

Hugs from your biker sista!! hehe,
Lex

Whispering Hills Studio said...

Thanks girls!! Nice to know I'm not the only winter hater..lol..

Lex, my biker sista...you're making me anxious for the vvrrooommmmmm!!!!

Hugs,
Tammy