Friday, November 18, 2011

My first project using Annie Sloan Paint

After reading….and seeing…..everyone’s rave comments about Annie Sloan paint, I was anxious to try it for myself.  Lucky for me there was a distributor nearby at Cottage Attitudes in Robertsdale, AL.  I bought a quart of Cottage White and a container of the clear wax to start my project.

I have an old armoire that is great for storage but nothing to look at.  It was a perfect candidate for a redo….perfect because nothing can make it look any worst than it already does!

This is the before…..soooooo ugly!!

087

During the process…..after two coats of paint…..

090

And after….

armoirafter

I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I give rave reviews to the Annie Sloan paint!  Just as it said….no sanding, stripping or prep work needed.  I gave it two coats of the paint, one coat of clear wax, sanded the edges for a little antique detail and then finished it with oak Briwax.  The finish is fantastic!  I picked up a pair of iron handles at Hobby Lobby on a BOGO for $1.50 to complete the project.  I think it’s much easier on the eyes and no more big brown box! 

A view of the top shows off one of my favorite pieces my folks made for me……Noah’s Ark with animals all hand carved and hand painted….and my first mohair bear.   Perfect!

007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Astounding Post, Many thanks

As a final note , permit me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm confident you have figured this by now,), English is not my mother tongue as a result I am using Google Translate to figure out how to enter what I sincerely have in mind to write down .